Griffin Dawg

Griffin Dawg

Monday, February 9, 2009

Kisses for Jezebel


Griffin loves Jezebel and he's not afraid to show it. In his recent maturity, he has started to pet Jez and be nice to her (in between mushing her and pulling her fur.) In the morning, he'll scamper out to the living room where Jez is sleeping on Griffin's old Danger Pillow and hug and kiss her until she amiably swats him.

When Jake and I got Jezebel, back in 1995, she was a sick, sad, mangled little boo with infected piercings. Come to think of it, Jake and I weren't much better. Jezebel had been hit by a car, attacked by a dog, had a wound covering most of her back leg, pneumonia and (possibly) the mange. We nursed her back to health (if there ever was health to go back to,) took out her piercings and thankfully, she's cost $50 in health care costs since.

Jezebel has been old and crotchety since she was a kitten and if I had a quarter for everyone who said, "oh my God! There's something wrong with your cat's leg!" I could buy a Bugaboo. Jezebel has lived in all of my decrepit collegiate apartments, attended Bongfest I & II, rode out to Cali in a UHaul and if she ever published a "tell-all" memoir, Babykaboom, The Sullivan Krewe and all of us here at Griffin Aficionados would have to go into hiding.

I am ultimately grateful that Jezebel has lasted long enough to get to know Griffin, and I NEVER would have guessed they would have such a close relationship. Jez is amazingly tolerant and Griffin looks up to her like a furry older sibling. How beautiful!

3 comments:

Ave said...

I have a lot of fond memories of Jez. None of them are appropriate for a family-friendly blog such a this one.

Button said...

Like the time she got in Damon's hair gel and six impaired college students had to wash her in the sink? Or maybe her run-in with Mat? Her book would be a best seller!

Kimberly said...

I adore Jez as much as Daisy!! Though I am glad they can't compare notes.....it wouldn't do to have my cat with heart disease hear some of Jezzie's stories. She may go into failure.