Griffin Dawg

Griffin Dawg

Friday, February 6, 2009

Sickopotamus

Griffin has not been feeling well. He came back from our Superbowl weekend trip with a cough and cold and no one has been the same since. Our poor little Potmus has become an angry Snotmonster.

Before I had kids, I was really committed to the "get your kids sick" theory and thought that by exposing my child to a variety of mild germs, I would build up his immune response. Great, in theory. I didn't think about the fact that when your kid is sick, a dark cloud descends over your house and no one is sleeping and there's snot everywhere. After several nights of sleep torture that has been outlawed in most countries, you and your spouse start to turn on each other and things start to get really ugly.

I think we're coming out of the woods.
Little Potamus has been playful and not quite so angry. Jake and I are recovering slowly.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

This is a WONDERFUL usage of blankie! We have since introduced Maddie to blankie, Super-Baby-Style, and she loves it. She affectionately calls hers her "Night-night".